Eating for 1: Healthy and Active for 2
Eating for 1: Healthy and Active for 2 (RCM accredited)
This training, developed by the Dietetic team in Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board, aims to support registered practitioners working within Midwifery and/ or Women’s Health Services to know the risks associated with obesity in pregnancy, and the skills required to support healthy and safe weight management through nutrition and physical activity.
The training, accredited by the Royal College of Midwifery, is usually delivered as a half-day session and has been adapted for digital delivery from 2021. To find out if this is available in your area, visit the ‘What’s on near me?’ pages or contact your dietetic team.
Click here to read further information.
By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Explain the risks of obesity in pregnancy (maternal/ foetal & infant)
- Describe the recommendations for weight gain in pregnancy
- Describe how to support women to maintain a healthy and safe weight during pregnancy
- Discuss maternal nutritional requirements for a healthy and safe pregnancy
- Outline current recommendations for physical activity and exercise during pregnancy